I just read on Yahoo News that there will be no new episodes of our favorite primetime shows until the writer's strike is settled. I hope that they settle soon. I miss not seeing "The Office" and "Desperate Housewives," my two favorite shows. We all need some joy and laughter in our lives and it's too bad whatever the holdup/holdouts are over the strike that something can't be settled. I had a job back in the 80's and can remember going out on strike. People always talk bad about unions, but they are really good. They watch out for the "peons" and keep management at bay. They fight for good benefits that otherwise the workers would never get. I had a friend, who didn't believe in the union, and so she crossed the picket lines to work her shift. A lot of people didn't like her for that, as they used to call these people "scabs." My dad also worked for the same company as I did too and he would walk the lines, never crossing. Also my grandfather believed in the unions too. So I have only good things to say about the union. Management can be ruthless. At least the company that I used to work for. Maybe SOME management is good, but those companies are rare to find. At any rate, I do wish this strike was over. It would be a win-win situation if it would end now and the writers get their demands met.
------
Ramblings of a janitor continue....people still cannot read or choose not to read when it comes to changing trash bags. I have 4 gallon, 13 gallon, and 30 gallon bags. I have put instructions in my closet on how these bags should be placed. I think maybe I should take a picture of each receptacle and maybe people would get a clue. You can't put a 4 gallon bag in a 13 gallon container. I think people get in a hurry and they just don't read the instructions and don't really give a care. Whatever.
I checked the sanctuary too and a couple of hymnals were mauled. One little book had pages ripped out and another the spine was nearly ripped off. I find it appalling when people do not even have the common courtesy of respecting others property. I know that these people are "just kids," but somewhere, someone needs to teach them respect as well as finding their way through life.
Just my humble opinion!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment