Darrell Arthur is mad at the officials after getting his fourth foul of the night. This is how J and S felt. Actually J felt way worse about the loss than S. The 24 year streak ended tonight. KU still has 20 wins but now one loss. :( KU loss to KSU 84-75. KU field goal percentage was better than KSU, but KState made a record number of 3 pointers. Another problem, was the poor calls by the refs. Mario Chalmers had 18 in the game, followed by Rush with 15, Darrell Arthur and Sherron Collins had 12 each, Darnell Jackson had 7, Russell Robinson, 6, and Sasha and Rod each at 2 points. 24 years ago, when the streak began, Dave Armstrong the ESPN announcer for Big 12 games, was a sportscaster at KSNW. I remember that!! 24 years ago, I was living in the same town as Armstrong. KU will be starting a new streak next year in Manhattan
KU will need to get past this loss. They need to go on and prepare for their next opponent on Saturday against Colorado. At least this wasn't the National Championship, the season will go on.
We, as KU fans, need to get over the loss too. We don't like it when we see KState storm the floor. We don't like it when KSU fans rub our noses in it. It's tough, but life does go on. I still love the 'Hawks and think Bill Self is doing a great job with the team. It's just one loss. Get over it.
-----
J is studying the spelling bee with his spelling bee coach S. She did really well making it fun for him. If he doesn't get nervous and get some good words then he will do alright. I will have to see him (weather permitting) tomorrow and most likely the county bee.
2 comments:
Oh yeah, I did my share of crushing on Armstrong back in those days. Him and Mike Smith, the weather guy. LOL.
Hopefully I can bring K2 to watch the bee tomorrow. I'm going to call the school in the morning and see if it's ok.
hmm yeah that game made me mad...but we'll be hungry for some more wins! go hawks! =]
Post a Comment