After church today we went to Towne W to go shop. Well, actually S and her friend did most of the shopping. I was playing banker and body guard. We spent a great deal of time there and I found my calendar...at last! They were selling calendars at $4 a piece!! So I got a Welsh Corgi wall one and a basketball trivia one for J. So I was pretty pleased about that.
Then we traveled to Maize Road and went to the "Bulls eye" store picking up various products, mainly food. So we decided to go to that Italian restaurant nearby (OG). J was offered the kid menu and he rejected it. He wanted to see what to order on the regular menu. Well, he didn't find anything and we ended up getting the kid's menu, to which the waitress said, "Here you go sweetie," and handed him some colors to boot. He was embarrassed. We passed him off as 10 and under and he's nearing 12. So while we were sitting there I swear that the waitress asked us if we needed anything (this is before they served our food) at least 5 times. Then after we got our food served she was a "pest" too! I was eating my spaghetti and nearly chocked when she asked that for the 11th time. After she left I said, "Well, she could just look at our drinks and automatically get us some more." A minute passed, and there she was with MORE drinks!! We were finished eating and she wanted to know if we needed any bags, etc. So we said, "Sure." Then she brings the bags to us and she fills the bags and the food in the carry out stuff. WEIRD!!
THEN, I asked could we have some to go cups. (because of the extra drinks, I thought we should take that home). She comes back with the to-go cups and it has pop in the cups! We thought we were going to get empty cups to take the table drinks home with us. Whatever!! So L checks to make sure that she didn't add the extra drinks on to the total. I am guessing that refills are most definitely FREE! It was crazy!! I was nearly kidding when I asked for a to go cup!
------
My friend, Flute, recommended that I read the author Karen Kingsbury. So I know Wally world carries these books, so I feel like I am on a mission to seek this author out. I know she said to read the redemption series first, but I couldn't find it. I flip through a couple of books and found this interesting one "Between Sundays." I've just started reading it and I am hooked. Thanks Flute for the suggestion! I have been looking for a good series to read. I really like the Nicholas Sparks books. And I have read some of John Grisham's novels, they are different. But what I like about Kingsbury is that she is a Christian writer. I have a book that I'm trying to put together and it's always nice to read within the same genre. This way I can improve my book/writing.
Thanks again Flute! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
LOL at bodyguard and banker. Too funny! Sorry about the overly anxious waitress. That's such a hard job - I think every young person should do it for a while just to see what it's like (and to encourage them to go to college, LOL.
You'll find the Redemption series at our local public library. :)
I was a waitress at one time too and realize there is a fine line between too much attention and too little attention. We tipped this one pretty good even though she was a little annoying at least she paid attention to us.
Maybe I should email Kim about that series. Church library should have it.
Post a Comment