Tuesday, March 4, 2008

$chool Lunch Dealing$

J doesn't eat the school food he brings in his own lunches. So he packs a sandwich, along with a go-tart, and at least one or so of those 100 calorie hostess cupcakes.

Today J comes home with $7.00!! I asked him, "How did you get that money?" He laughs and says, "Well KJ payed me $5.00 for my cupcakes." Five dollars!! They don't even cost that much to buy! This isn't a first however.

A lot of his friends pays him to give them some chocolate go-tarts, hostess cupcakes, or 100 calorie Doritos. Some of the kids pay him at least a dollar for the cupcakes and a dollar fifty for the Doritos. I shake my head. I don't know why the parents just don't go out and buy them some of this stuff. Granted the parents think that this is "junk food." Not quite, though. The go-tarts are in the breakfast aisle and the cupcakes (okay, maybe this is junk food) is of the 100 calorie variety, same with the Doritos.

Then one of his friends, O. K. owed him some money and paid him with a 2 dollar bill. K1 (yes flute, your K1) sees J with the 2 dollar bill and offers him 2 ones for it, which J gladly accepts. K1 got the best of this deal I think. It's very rare to find a 2 dollar bill running around. If I were K1 I would sell this for higher than what I bought it for or just add this to your rare money collection. You never know it might be worth $$ some day. PS...don't trade it for cupcakes either! LOL!

2 comments:

flute4peace said...

Oh good grief, I knew my K had to be in there somewhere. I will get the $2 back for you, it's rightfully J's. My K has been getting into big trouble for taking his money to school, looks like he's busted once again!!

And $5 for cupcakes. LOL. Hope they were good. ;)

MB said...

It's okay. K1 can keep the $2 bill. They made an even trade.

I do think that the kid who paid $5 for the cupcakes got taken though! For that J should have brought a couple of boxes! Even girl scout cookies aren't that much!