Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Vacuum cleaner el morte!

Please forgive my lack of Spanish language knowledge (as I never took that language). But the vacuum cleaner that I bought a year ago has since died.

It was an Eureka Maxima 12 amp vacuum cleaner. It even still has the stickers on it. I even bought vacuum bags for it that I'll probably end up selling in a garage sale. Granted the vacuum was very light weight, but the roller quit rolling. Then when I would "roll" it on the floor it smelled like burned rubber because the rubber belt wasn't moving. The point of vacuuming the floor to me was to suck up hair/dirt and to make my room smell of that wonder carpet cleaning powder, burned rubber doesn't cut it for me!

I will never recommend this vacuum for ANYONE. Anyone who would want to keep a vacuum cleaner less than a year, this model would be perfect for you. It was hard to find the vacuum bags as well at my Wichita Wal-mart. I had to order the bags from Maine!

Now I will be looking for a new vacuum cleaner for my birthday. That's ALL I wanted for my birthday (NOT!).

Maybe I should just roll up all of my carpets and not buy a vacuum cleaner. Perhaps that is the way to go. Bare hardwood floors, after all that is the latest rage. Until then I'll have to just look at my "hairy" floor!

4 comments:

flute4peace said...

Oh, MAN, back to square one. How frustrating! Mine is a Eureka Power Plus bagless that I got at WalMart for something like $40. I really like it cause it's lightweight and easy to push. It does a better job than my $150 one I had from Best Buy. I don't use it nearly often enough. Plus I figure for $40 if it croaks I'm not out much, LOL. I really like the bagless feature. Of course, you need a tweenage son to dump it for you ;).

Spike & Glo said...

I have fixed a lot of vacuum cleaners in my days; if you want to bring yours by, I will look at it. Your last sentence may be a clue; many times the roller gets stuck from dirt and/or hair wrapped around it and then the belt slips. Yours could be a simple fix. spike

Ed and Phyllis Shirk said...

I agree with Spike. In the past when I've had appliances not work it's often been a simple fix. However, the other thing I have found to be mostly true but not always is the old saying: you get what you pay for.

Ed and Phyllis Shirk said...

Oh yes I also meant to say that after we took up our carpet on the main floor in our house in Harper, we never put carpet back down. I loved our hard wood floors. We kept carpet in the family room but just used area rugs in the living room. Easy to keep clean, less dusty, etc. Phyllis