I got my KU shirt on and ready to listen to the "Crimson and Blue Line," starting a little bit after 9:30 AM!! What an early start to the first game of the NCAA tournament! KU will playing Portland State (of Portland, Oregon). Can you imagine how early the players had to turn in the night before?? How they have already eaten their pre-game meal, which consists of what? Surely, they wouldn't have breakfast foods to start off their pre-game meal, would they? That would weigh them down. I imagine that they would eat some kind of energy food. Breakfast pasta??The fans for Portland State will be watching their team play at 9:25 AM on the West Coast. Sure that's early but often times if you want to watch any sport contest it does broadcast that early! No tape delays, just live. It's hard to fathom if you have never lived out there. But I think that the Portland team will do okay with the early start.
I think that KU will play good. I don't know what this Portland team is all about. All I know is that a few years back that they couldn't support a basketball team and had to cut the program. Much like the people over there at Wichita State cutting their football team, due to budget problems, or maybe lack of interest. But the Portland State Basketball team has only been in existence for 11 years. They are the champions in their conference too. This will be interesting to see how they handle KU.
KU just needs to take each game and not look too far down the road. Complete the task at hand and then look at the next game. They need to keep focused and play like a number 1 team. Hopefully we won't see too many turnovers or fouls, and we will have great 3 point shooting and free-throw shooting as well. All this makes for a recipe for success. Hopefully they will and can pull it off today. Rock Chalk Jayhawks!
1 comment:
Ooh, it's getting ready to start! Yippee!
Post a Comment