Mario! We have a new addition to the family. One year, and one day later, we have adopted Mario the dog. His old name was "Duke," and that had to go!! Mario is a lab retriever mix and is about a year and half. His owner gave him up to the Kansas Humane Society in Wichita.
When we first came there we saw him, a black lab, a husky (blue eye/brown eyed dog). J fell in love with Mario. I was in love with Bonnie (the black lab). So we looked into getting one or the other. They told us that Bonnie jumped fences. Hmmm...I couldn't go with that. Pretty rambuctions dog. So they brought in Mario. He came to me and my eyes started to well up. I remembered the first time that I met Daisy. This was a dog that need a home and I was in need of a dog. He was a young dog with a lot of energy, love, and hair!! Okay, not as much as Daisy's but he does shed a lot. His fur is the same colors as Sasha's. Once we adopted him, we got him in the car and he looked outside as we drove. We just barely got into "Petsmart" when they announced they were closing!! So we quickly got some tennis balls and a blue collar. Then we grabbed a bite to eat and made the long drive back to H town.
He did quite well in the car. When we got home we led him around on the leash as the next door neighbors dogs barked at him. Then we let him run around and he chased J and jumped up to me. WOW!! This dog is nearly puppy like. We were so used to Daisy who never did this. We introduced Mario to Sasha and they just looked at each other. I think Sasha is a little angry at us for getting a dog, but oh well. If they can't get along, the Mario will have stay out in the yard. The cat still is number one!
Well, I guess it will be another trip to the vet so he can check out our new dog! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment