Monday, March 31, 2008

This is the day

Last day of March. Is March going out like a lion or a lamb? Right now it's bright and sunny! This is how I am feeling today.

Today as I turned *8 * (if you add the two numbers together) I haven't been doing anything. I have no party planned. No cake baked. (I'll do this for L for his b-day on Friday, he'll be turning *9*). I can remember when I was living at my parents home and getting birthday cake. Hmm, that rich sugary frosting with some little ceramic figure on top of the cake. I miss those days, you know. I saw the little ceramic figure that once adorned my cake back when I was 10 years old. I had a little white bunny on top of the cake and my mom has kept this all those years. My birthday was near Easter that year.

Then I can remember blowing out all of my candles and always wishing that I got a horse for my birthday. Later on I did get a Mustang (I know that wasn't the same "kind" of horse that I wanted when I was 10), but it was a "horse."

It's funny how things change when we get older. Our type of food for birthday's, no parties. No pin-the-tail or ear on the bunny games (this is the type of games I had when I was 5) anymore. No candles taped to a card for your friends to blow out (something we did when we were in college. We called it a 21- birthday candle salute!). Instead I chose not to go to work on my birthday, it's a holiday. You know like "President's Day." LOL!

Maybe next week L and the family will be going to our favorite restaurant in Wichita on the west side before the KU/UNC game. It's nice to have birthday's close together. S and J's are on the same day, that's loads of fun! (not for them, but for me).

But I did get my birthday wish yesterday. KU going into the final 4! That was some early birthday present!! What a way to celebrate 53!!

No comments: