Monday, March 3, 2008

Strong Gusty Winds

This morning I thought was going to be pretty uneventful. Sure the weather had changed somewhat (thankfully no snow) but it was cold and blustery.

When I was fixing breakfast I thought I heard a dog in my backyard. I shook my head thinking, "No I'm just wishing that Daisy was back there." Then I heard it again. Those dogs next door were really loud, it's as if they are in my backyard. I was taking a pill and opened the blinds. Then I saw the problem. After nearly chocking on my pill I saw half of the fence down!! That was the first time that had happened after having that fence up for nearly 16 years. That was our first section of fence that we put up.

The pole had broke off along with some sections of the slats. I brought out my camera and noticed that the neighbors dogs were in their pen. I am thinking the next time we build this fence we will have to fix the 2 x 4's differently and get new slats as they look pretty pittiful. We have several sections of fence that need to be replaced/repaired. I guess we should have done this on Saturday instead of talking to that "window specialist." I am just hoping for a warm and sunny day this week!
----
Senior Day is tonight at AFH. We will say goodbye to seniors Sasha Kaun, Russell Robinson, Jeremy Case, Rodrick Stewart, and Darnell Jackson. They are all nice kids and very good role models. Hope they do well in whatever they pursue in life. Of all that group I believe that Darnell Jackson has a very good chance of turning pro, and hopefully not in the D league. But I guess the D league is better than nothing at all. KU is playing Texas Tech tonight. Tech is the team who knocked off Texas and helped KU become tied for the Big 12 title. ROCK CHALK JAYHAWKS!

1 comment:

flute4peace said...

Ugh, isn't the wind horrible? It kept me up all night. J was gone all night to a fire call and the wind had me all creeped out. Sorry about your fence - we'll lose some of ours this summer, too, I'm sure.

Is there a game tonight?