Since I didn't get around to getting a hotel in Lawrence for over spring break, we decided to take an afternoon of shopping in Wichita.
S's best friend and mom followed behind us as we left H town and went shopping. L and J went off and did their dad/son thing. While I got to hang out with DS and S hung out with MS. It was great as we mom's got to talk about what was going on at school/teachers and stuff in general. DS went to school with L and I got to know her through S's friendship with MS, since kindergarten. So she is great to get advice from etc. S was looking for a nice dress as she has a big dance she is attending soon. It didn't take her long to find the right dress for an affordable price!! (Under 60 bucks). Then we searched for jewelry, pretty easy too.
Then we hunted for shoes. There were all types of shoes that I would have chosen (the flat variety) but S wanted some heels and silver in color. We saw some interesting shoes in Payless Shoe Store...where you could get a white shoe and have it dyed. It just looked like it was a white shoe and someone used spray paint on them. I wasn't too impressed and it would take 10 working days and cost $40 dollars for them. We finally found the shoes (sandles, heels) at JCPenny's (they like me there! I buy a lot of stuff from there!). The shoes looked like glass slippers!! S looks super tall wearing those shoes...now she looks like she is 5'9" and towers over me! LOL!
----
We shopped for us too. To top it off we went to TGI Friday's to watch the NCAA basketball tournament games. I am still amazed how we can sit in the "bar" area and eat food watch TV since we have under aged kids. I guess it's okay that they sit there as long as they are not seated at the bar!! THAT would be a no-no!
We searched for books and magazines and then went to Wally World. We ran into J's pre-school teacher there at the store. I hadn't seen her in quite a while to talk. We did see C and K at 8th grade graduation last year as he handed out diplomas. It was nice to see them both. C and K used to live about a block away from us and I got to sub teach pre-school when she was gone. Ah, those were the days. How things have changed and how happy I am now in what I do! :)
-----
KU is playing UNLV (Lon Kruger's team) tomorrow. The game is going to be after the K-State game is played. KU needs to keep their eyes on the prize and remain focused to win the game!!
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWKS!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like a fun day! I can't believe you found a dress so easily - we had a terrible time finding spring dresses for the girls. Even at Burlington's they were all either super-formal, or looked like my grandma's nighties.
Post a Comment