H town was spared during this latest blast of ice. The kids didn't have school on Tuesday and thankfully we didn't have it that bad around here.
BUT...up in the other H town, where I am from, was another story. I heard that things look like a war zone up there with powerlines down and limbs all around. My mom is needing help clearing her driveway and yard. But thankfully, she too was spared from her electricity going out. She has talked to friends where their electricity is off and the temperature is dropping into the 40's. They have to let the water run as so they won't have frozen pipes inside. I remember how that was 3 years ago out here in our house! I never want to live through that again. Then I was talking with Pastor B and he knew of others that had it even worse. Someones electricity went out and the entire plugs and appliances blew out completely!! These people will be out of their house for quite sometime! Just when you think you have it bad, there is always someone who is way worse off!
------
J did not want to go to school today. Whenever there is a break (like Christmas break) he has a hard time wanting to go back to school. He's not wanting to see his friends or do the homework. He wasn't bored at all yesterday. He had his games and tormented the cat.
Or maybe it was the other way around, the cat tormented him. The cat wanted "his" couch to sleep on but J was in his place. So the cat started to snack on the tree again. There's something about wire and fake green branches that turns him on. I can only imagine what the cat will do to our Christmas presents! I should wrap up a fake one and see what he does with it. Maybe I should get the cat some catnip in the box! I can only imagine. S kept busy baking biscuits and working on homework. She wasn't bored.
-----
I have been typing cookbook recipes online. I've got a few more left. I fall asleep dreaming about cream cheese, chocolate, and other ingredients. I just gain weight by thinking about these recipes! Yet, somehow, I need more. Yes, another shameless plug. :) LOL!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment