Well it seems as if instead of KU getting to play in the Fiesta Bowl in Arizona, that they will be playing down at Dolphin Stadium, in Miami Florida in the Orange Bowl. The last time that KU was at the Orange Bowl was 39 years ago...1969! I remember that game, I do. I was as old as S at the time and Bobby Douglass was the quarterback. There was 12 men on the field for KU (1 too many) and they lost the game. Hopefully the Hawks will do much better. They will be facing Virginia Tech.
------
Talking about bowl games, how about the names of the many bowl games? Of course, we are all aware of the Rose, Sugar, Orange Bowl, Cotton, and Fiesta. But when I was younger that was about it on the bowl games. Now they call these basic bowls as: All-State Sugar bowl, formerly called the Nokia Sugar Bowl, the SBC Cotton Bowl (I'm sure it's now called the AT &T Cotton Bowl), the Orange Bowl (called the Fed-ex Orange Bowl), and the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl.
There are even MORE bowl games: Poinsettia Bowl, Motor City Bowl, the Emerald Bowl, the New Mexico Bowl, the Las Vegas Bowl, the New Orleans Bowl (wait a minute, isn't that where the Sugar bowl is?), the Music City Bowl, The Champs Sports Bowl, the PapaJohns.com bowl, the Car Care Bowl, the Hawaii Bowl, the Humanitarian Bowl, the Chick-Fil-A Bowl, the Capital One Bowl, the Insight Bowl, the GMAC Bowl, the International Bowl (played in Toronto, thus the name!), the Texas Bowl (wait, isn't this the Cotton Bowl), the Alamo Bowl (naturally played in San Antonio), the Armed Forces Bowl, the Outback Bowl, the Sun Bowl, the Independence Bowl, and the Gator Bowl.
I suggest that they would actually have EVEN more bowl games. They could have the Pizza Hut Bowl, the Cracker Barrel Bowl, the Target Bowl, the Nike Bowl, the Addias Bowl, the Old Navy Bowl, the Gap Bowl, the Dunder Mifflin Bowl, or the Vanish Toliet Bowl. They could have countless more of bowl games enabling other teams with so-so records throughout the season to be able to go into a game. You never know they might create some of these in the near future. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment