Sunday, December 9, 2007

Sleet!

The phone rang early this morning and I couldn't get back to sleep. The caller didn't leave a message. So I laid there in bed, unable to sleep and decided to walk upstairs to the kitchen. I looked out side and saw white on the streets. I checked the caller-id and found that it was L's dad. L's dad called to say that he thought church was cancelled.

Was it? We checked the news online and on television seeing nothing concerning the church. L's parents thought they saw the church name on the screen. We called Pastor B. Yes, we were still having church. What L's parent's saw was a cancellation for two church's in W town. Those two names contained our church name.

We get to church and noticed that someone did a u-turn in the sleet. We look in a closet for ice melt and find only a little bit. It was enough for church attenders to walk on (I hope). We are getting more sometime in the near future.
-----
There was also a problem from Christian Education. They could not find some "globes." Br and I looked all over. The smelly paint closet, the closet under the stairs, the old library room, an unused classroom, sewing rooms, and in the basement. We couldn't find them. They were to have them on hand for the children's story today. Well, since I'm like a "dog with a bone," I don't give up easy. They had to be somewhere in the church. So I come back to church after lunch and look in every room. Finally, I see a huge box in the teacher's room. I took off the Christmas stuff that was on the box and found the globes. So ended "The Case of the Missing Globes." Case closed. (Sounded like a Hank the Cowdog story, huh?)
-----
Hope the weather improves. If not, I have a lot of stuff to do here. Clean, type, plan, write, I won't be bored. Oh, and I could make some cookies! :)

1 comment:

flute4peace said...

Wow I'm glad you found them! You've been doing such a good job of organizing and putting away things, I knew you would come up with them sooner or later!