Saturday, December 15, 2007

Double shirt/double sock weekend

Yep, the snow is here. A white coating of snow is falling down as it outlines fences, trees, garages, and houses. Some would say it looks "Christmas Like." I would say it just looks yucky and I can't wait for the sun to come out and melt the stuff. Perhaps, if you have never seen snow or live in areas where it doesn't snow, it looks beautiful but not to me. I see slick roads, snow-covered dogs, drifting and blowing snow. An inconvenience. I like my Christmas and New Year's brown, with a high of near 50. Guess I'm living in the wrong state. But it could be worse. I could be living in states way north where this snow is only a drop in a bucket. So for that I'm thankful I do not live up north.

I've got my double shirts and double socks on. Warming up next to the heater (when I'm not on the computer). I think of things to do. Clean, write, clean, bake cookies, eat cookies, eat in general, hot pizza, hot cocoa, hot bath, hot shower, summer. Ah summer...warmer temperatures. But then I start thinking tornadoes and you know what? I like the snow over that.

KU basketball is on today on ESPN2. They are playing Ohio State University at the new Sprint Center in Kansas City. I have heard that is some center! They have a brand new QuikTrip (QT) among other things. I'm hoping the 'Hawks will be able to win. It has been a week since they have played a game so hopefully they will still have their "edginess" type of play. Hopefully they will look sharp and play sharp. No fumble hands, or bad passes. Accurate shooting from 3 point distance and perfect from the free throw line. I hope I'm not dreaming this. Brandon Rush is scheduled to start today and I'm sure Sherron Collins would like to start too. The guys who have started of late, have done quite well. Rodrick Stewart, Mario Chalmers, Russell Robinson, Darrell Arthur and Darnell Jackson. Cole Aldrich is developing and Tyrel Reed is good if only he could keep his ankles from getting weak. I think KU has depth and potential. I just hope they continue their winning ways.

At church they were to have a "Lessons and Carols service" with special music and readings tomorrow. I'm not sure if it will be held. I haven't practiced my part yet. I'll probably be stuttering all over my words. Hopefully not. I read this same part last year, so I ought to do okay. Pray for me.

Stay warm today. Enjoy that cup of cocoa, baked cookie and sit back and watch the KU game at 4PM. Just stay safe!

No comments: