Monday, December 17, 2007

Working in the afternoon

I stayed home after the "wild time" at Pastor B and L's last night. (JK on the "wild time" part!). I thought I should get some work done at home, what little I did. I did change table cloths, washed some clothes, wrapped some presents, and waited for the ice to melt before I drove out to work.

While I was walking around, I saw something buzzing around. What is it about these wasps and sunlight? It's like they wake up and buzz around the front foyer door. I like the warmer/sunnier weather, but I sure could do without the wasps. Maybe, once the new addition is built we will be rid of them. Then again I am not sure. It could be worse. They could be building their nests even higher and it make me wonder how we will get rid of these pests. Oh well, I shouldn't worry now about it.
-------
School will be out on Friday until next year (that always sounded so fun to say). No doubt the week they are out will go by too fast. Too fast for them maybe, and too slow for parents. I can hear it now, "Oh do we have to go to school NOW?" Then the parents would say, "I can't WAIT for you to go back to school."

I'll be missing the KU game tomorrow. This makes me very sad. I wish that I could go to both. I know that Flute would rather go to the concert than to stay home and watch the game. So I should just stop complaining. It's only one game. Hopefully S will be able to score the game. I always like to score the game to see what percentages the players are shooting or who was the leading scorer, etc. I always like to "beat" the TV when it comes to the stats. I learned how to score when I was still in high school. I wanted to be a sports writer. I wished I would have stuck to my "guns" and did that. But I wanted to teach History. Never got to do that either. Always go with your first thought. Maybe this works on careers and tests. But, it NEVER works on your choices in your life partner. Anyway, it didn't work with me. The guys I liked back in high school and college were pretty much wrong choices. It took me a while to find the right guy but that's okay it's not a race when choosing a life partner.

Now how did I get off on this subject? Probably the music I was listening to (Garth Brooks, "Unanswered Prayers." ). Hope everyone keeps well.

Hang in their Flute you'll get better everyday. I still have a little pain probably because of the way I move. Pray for Flute for her operation recovery and results.

No comments: