Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Working at Home

Last night I decided to put together a flyer for my Church's cookbook. I found some interesting vintage cookbook cover and was just about to put the above picture on the flyer. But then I saw the woman holding a wooden spoon in one hand and holding a cigarette in the other hand. I thought, "No WAY can I do that!" But I did find some acceptable images that I added on. L enlarged the images and it looks pretty good. I like collecting cookbooks and I do not have very many old ones. The covers on these old cookbooks are vintage! One featured a brand new Kenmore grill and I would say that was probably a 1950's cover; another cover featured a woman in an apron cooking with her daughter (in a smaller version apron) baking cookies. If you take a look at the hairstyle then I would say this was a circa 1940's or maybe 1950's. Then there is another cover with a woman all dressed up (June Cleaver like) showing a cake she made with her new Hamilton Beach mixer.

If anyone from my church is reading this blog...I need your recipes! :) Nothing like a shameless plug! LOL!

No comments: