While I was at my job today cleaning, I was thinking about changing light bulbs. Why not go green? I would get the new bulbs in place and the church could be saving energy. See link: http://www.gelighting.com/na/home_lighting/products/energy_smart.htm#benefits
So I went downstairs into one of the bathrooms. I had already changed one room and liked the result. So I replaced the 150 wt. bulb downstairs with a 100 wt. new fluorescent one. Then I went back upstairs to one of the bathrooms noticing there was only one bulb in a fixture. That's because whoever changed the bulb before, broke one off in the socket. (don't you just hate it when that happens?). Then the other light fixture only had 25 wt. bulb in another area. No wonder it was dark in that room. I think that whoever uses that room will be pleased now as they will be able to see a little more. I started formulating a list to see how many energy savings bulbs I would get at our "what's it for store." I go into the WIFS and there is the old bulbs and then there are the energy savings ones. One in a package, that is. At Wally World I had purchased some of these bulbs. We got six for like $9.00. Well one, at the WIFS, was $6.99!!
(Are they out of their minds?) Needless to say I skipped buying those bulbs. I guess I won't be buying "green" at the WIFS! Maybe another time the church will go green. But not now.
-------
I got my hospital bill today for my operation. Of course, this was my second notice what the charges are. They told me to contact my insurance company as they hadn't paid the hospital yet. Wonderful. :( So we call our insurance company and they just "happened to pay for it TODAY!" I wonder if we would have called them earlier would they have paid for it before THIS time? I asked L sheepishly, "Okay, so what do we have to pay?" Preparing for the worst possible senario on what we owed them and if we needed to go for a second or third mortgage on the house.
He answers me, "Eighty-eight dollars."
Flabbergasted I answer: "WHAT?! Are you sure?"
He assured me that was the quote that the insurance company gave him.
I'll never say another bad word about the insurance anymore if this is true. I'll believe it until I see it in writing. Now all I have left is my bill for my specialist and the local hospital for a simple blood test. I really felt like I REALLY got ripped off over there and the next time I need a test like that I'll just go up to W town for a cheaper price.
-------
Hope everyone else is not bogged down in bills. Say a prayer for my friend Flute's operation and my pastor as he is having back pain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Insurance can sure be confusing, can't it! The kind we currently have is not very good - I'm sure our bills will be in the thousands. The kid we had when K2 was born was fantastic! It cost me $15 for all my prenatal care and birth. Just $15!! The hospital owned the insurance company so it was all done internally and I never even saw the bill.
LOL about the light bulbs. That store wouldn't happen to start with an "R", would it??
We had poor insurance when S was born! They even called me and I had to explain it to them. I just love caller-id, no need to pick up the phone if you don't recognize the caller!! :)
Post a Comment