Thursday, December 13, 2007

Understanding

My friend flute is going into surgery this morning. She is nervous as all get out. I know how she feels. Been there/done that over 13 weeks ago. She has never been put out, apparently, as that puts the fear in anyone. I have been put out for three times now. As Franklin D. Roosevelt used to say (yes, he was before my time. It's the History major coming out in me), "The only thing you have to fear, is fear itself!" That is so true. Because as I told her that you are so relaxed and incredibly sleepy that you just close your eyes one second and the next second bam! You are awake. "In a blink of an eye." So it's just when you are getting prepped and being wheeled into the operating room you are just ready to pop out of your skin. When I was being wheeled into the room, my thoughts were to just jump right off the bed and run away! But I couldn't. You think how long the surgery will take and you get scared. Like they tell you three hours, but that's mostly for your family to be waiting. You, on the other hand, it's like less than a nanosecond. The time warp effect. It's afterwards that you need to be concerned with. So pray for my friend flute!
------
Calm before the next storm rolls in. We are supposed to get 6 inches of snow between tomorrow and Saturday. Wonderful. :( So we are going to W town to take J to an appointment and Christmas shop. I have nothing at all under the tree. Probably a good thing. Sasha (the cat named after Kaun) would rip open all the packages. Or so I've heard.
------
Going to W to get J's braces off...maybe not ALL of them, but at least the herbst part. I can only hope and pray that J will be able to speak better without all of that stuff in his mouth. But then we get to look forward to retainers!! Now, I know that there maybe speech problems after this procedure is done as well..here we go again!
------
Finished typing in the recipes (that I have so far!) into the online program. There is still time to get more in as I have extended the deadline for another month. Then after that no more extentions if we want books by Easter. Otherwise we are looking at Mother's Day. It would be nice to have it before Mother's Day. So get those recipes in!! (ASP)...not as soon possible...it means "another shameless plug." The count so far is 152!! I want at least double that. I figure that would be at least 6 recipes or more from the ones who haven't handed stuff end.... which would make at least 23 people or more. You know who you are!

No comments: