Tonight we were over at the Pastor's house and were treated to homemade soups, cheese, cheesecakes (L loves it, as I don't make it here), desserts and great fellowship and fun! While we were there Flute's Ja and kids were there. Ja had me ask K1 where he was going on Saturday. He was going to his first KU game!! The seats are going to be so great!! Not that general admission stuff we get but reserved and on the floor. Hopefully he will be near the KU bench, because that would be the place to be!!
You could be near the guys on the team, you could get your picture taken with the Big J or the Little J, you could actually shake hands with the coach (well, maybe) and the level of excitement would be great! You wouldn't have to stand like we do up in the GA seats and at the half or so perhaps you could win a tee-shirt (if they do that type of thing during that game). Imagine...looking up at the rafters of Allen Fieldhouse for the first time and seeing the retired jerseys and seeing the banner "Beware of the Phog." It will be awesome for K1. After the game, I would advise K1 to wait after the game for autographs of the players. The players are so nice!
K1 will want to go to the basketball camp in the summer. My J wants to go someday and I think he will, someday. K1 will want to go to more games and watch the seniors in the barnstorming tour. Have fun K1!! Take plenty of pictures of the team and ask Sasha to take a picture with you. Best places to eat after the game (other than the turnpike McDonald's ) would be Longhorn Steakhouse and the Salty Iguana. Or you can eat a slice of pizza or nachos before the game, the concession stands has it all!
Oh yeah, we are big time KU fans. ROCK CHALK JAYHAWKS!
--------
Today we went to the mall at W. It was a mess. One store was just crowded with people. I don't really like crowds at all. So I was hunting down stuff for S in the mall and it's hard to shop for people when they are there. And it's hard even if I have a list in my hand with pictures on them. I couldn't find anything that she had on her list. But when she walked in the store with me she could find tons of stuff. Sometimes I have the store personnel help me look and sometimes they just ignore that you are even in their store. I appreciate the ones who help me.
We went to Target then and I saw another family from H town (a teacher and her family). I look at all the stocking stuffers and think that J and S are too old for that stuff. I can remember putting in Barbies, weebles, and other trinkets that they could care less about now. Now I end up getting some gift cards (S you didn't read this tidbit of information.). I still have more shopping to do and heard there is more snow scheduled for Saturday.
Did I mention that I hate snow??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hee hee, he was so excited that you were giving him so much advice. It's killing me that I can't go with him. Did they tell you that B won the tickets? No way could we afford to go on our own. So this is really a once in a lifetime trip. I'm trying to decide if I let him take the good camera.
I had an addition to my blog...the General Admission seats are "sort of cheaper" but where he will be sitting, isn't. Make sure B lets him stay after the game for autographs. The guys are really nice to the kids.
Post a Comment