Another great game by the 'Hawks was played today. I think they took revenge on DePaul as last year they lost to this same team last year. Sasha Kaun, who hasn't starting lineups, came off the bench and scored 15 points. He was nearly perfect from the free-throw line and shooting field goals. Sherron Collins came off of the bench after being out of action since Nov. 11th, ended up shooting a couple of three pointers. Other high scorers were Brandon Rush and Darrell Arthur each with 13 points; Mario Chalmers had 12 points; Darnell Jackson had 8, followed by Russell Robinson with 7, Cole Aldrich and Sherron Collins each had 6, and Rodrick Stewart scored 4 points. The next game the Hawks will play will be in a week in KC at the Sprint Center. The students have finals week next week.
--------
We went to HI Christmas Party, L thought for sure the dinner started at 7 pm. So we leave the house at 6:30pm. When we get there everyone is going down the line getting food. We are the last to arrive. So I looked over at the dessert stating that there better be some pumpkin pie left or I won't be eating nothing!! We talk with the office help (now I know the voice with the person who answers the phone) and the younger employees are last in line too. They had a lot of vegetable salad (not my cup of tea...yep, I'm picky!) and some really great potatoes, bread and then the main meal. A choice between pork and beef. Both quite red. So I pick beef. I picked wrong! Yes, the pumpkin pie was still there.
We pick a table with R and K, Pastor B and L, and D and her husband. Very good table as we knew most everyone! We sit down on the table and underneath my placemat was a ticket. Pastor B was sure I won something. So I started to eat the beef...I tried...Pastor B asked me if I liked how it looked. It was RED!! So Pastor B and L advised me to get the pork instead. L gets me some, oh yeah much better. I ate one piece of the beef (ick!) I nearly chocked on it. Then I realize that if I did choke, I am sitting at the best table. All of these people know CPR. Well, I did win the Poinsetta centerpiece, that was nice. It would have been nicer if it was a cash prize! LOL!
The entertainment was a man by the name of Billy Riggs, from Austin, Texas. He is an illusionist and a motivational Christian speaker. He had an entertaining, humorous show and yet he had a wonderful underlying message. He was really great. For more information here is a link http://www.theattitudedude.com/.
If you are needing a motivational speaker, an illusionist for your party then please contact him. You will be glad that you did.
(TY TP for bringing him to the HI party!) :)
No comments:
Post a Comment