KU Jayhawks won again this time over Eastern Washington University 85-47. Darnell Jackson, who is now starting in place of Sasha Kaun, was the leading scorer with 17 points, followed by Darrell Arthur with 15 points and a beautiful 3-pointer. Doing great defensively was freshman Cole Aldrich. Fan favorite, Connor Teahan came off the bench to score 5 points. Tyrel Reed, rolled his ankle during the game, but game back into play. He's one tough kid!I get spoiled listening to the Jayhawk TV announcers of Paul Splittorff (former major league baseball pitcher for the KC Royals) and Dave Armstrong (a former KSNW sports director). I never hear them saying anything derogatory against the 'Hawks. They talk about how many songs Aldrich has on his Ipod (5,000) and curious to what songs they could be. (Come to think of it, I'm curious too!). Sometimes on the KU Message Board they get down on Armstrong. He used to call Darrell Arthur, "Shady Arthur." His nickname was "Shady" or "Slim Shady," not how Armstrong puts it. Last year he was ALWAYS saying it. Armstrong also overuses the exclamation of "WOW!" when there is a great play. But I think that's characteristic of Dave Armstrong. Now he has a new freshman favorite, Connor Teahan. He has nicknamed him "Cool Hand Teahan," cute, it rhymes. I'm not sure what the Message board thinks though. "Split" on the hand, calls Mar--reo, Mare re0 most of the time. That gets on my nerves! Apparently they don't read the KU Media Guide, complete with pronunciations of Mario's name, and it isn't how he does it.
I love listening to the guys on the radio, Bob Davis and Chris Piper. They make things come alive!! If you are not near a TV or if you have to put up with the national announcers I tune to them. Of course, radio and TV are not in sync. So you either put up with the national announcers or if you REALLY can't stand them, I just go ahead and listen to Bob and Chris and turn off the sound of the TV.
2 comments:
I always enjoy them, too. Dave Armstrong is just as hunky as he was when I was in high school, LOL. The other day I listened to the coach's show on the radio with Bill Self and I was impressed - he's really got a good sense of humor and he came across and a pretty humble guy.
I love listening to the Bill Self radio show too. You can hear the crowd laugh it up at the "Salty Iguana," while he is there talking to Bob Davis.
Post a Comment