Monday, December 31, 2007

Last blog of 2007

Well the new year's celebration is tonight. We reflect on what has happened during this year and look forward to next year. Was 2007 good for everyone? What would you change? What would you keep the same? What would you improve? These are all things to think about each time you start a New Year. Maybe you could think about this everyday. You think okay what did I mess up today and how can I change and improve things. Think about it.
------
For New Year's Eve celebration we make our potato skins (not at all close to how TGI Friday's taste), and we make pizza (again we don't make the expectations of Pizza Hut). Then we usually watch TV and pull fireworks at night, scaring the dog, the cat, and J. When I was younger my parents would never celebrate it with me. It was just another day. My parents wouldn't stay up either. And they were younger than what I am now! So I would ask my mom to get me some pizza rolls and buy me some 7 up. Then I would go downstairs and play some records and turn on the old color wheel (that belonged to our old silver Christmas tree) and turn off the lights. That was my celebration. It wasn't much but it was something. S complains that ours is boring....well if she lived my life she would think this would be exciting!! Usually every year I would have a cold. I have one sort of this year. Some things never change. One time I worked as a baby sitter and brought a friend over. I had to leave early because I felt cruddy. So she finished up my job and after that night she was the one they called to babysit instead of me. Oh well...I got over it. But I still remember it.
-------
Another new year's celebration was back before I met L. There were the 5 of us. I was with my date, my friend with her date, and the guy that our dates worked with. Actually we all worked at the same place. We were with Ma Bell and they were the computer techs, far from being nerdy at all. That was nearly 25 years ago and since that time my friend has died and her boyfriend/common law husband does computer work (I think) and my date never married. I was glad that the relationship never worked out. It wasn't meant to be. I am sooooo happy now with L, my hubby of nearly 20 years!
-----
Then I can remember one New Year's day with news that my uncle had died. He was watching the Rose Bowl parade and died of a heart attack. That was 40 years ago and now I am the same age as he was. That was the saddest New Year that we ever had. But the best New Years was when my nephew, D, was born 32 years ago.
------
So make your New Years eve a great celebration. Be happy that you have good health, good friends, and are alive. It's up to you to make your New Year really great!!
Have a Happy 2008!!

No comments: