KU plays their first game at Kansas City's new Sprint Center. They wore red and the Ohio Bobcats wore green. How fitting! :) KU Basketball is now 10--0! Brandon Rush came back to the starting lineups replacing Rodrick Stewart, who has done a fine job since being in the starting lineups for the past 9 games. KU was pretty good from the 3 point area and not too bad at the free-throw line. Not perfect, but not bad. Cole Aldrich came in for a little in the first half and more in the second half. It's good to have him in there to give him minutes to play as he will improve over time. Leading the scorers for the 'Hawks was Mario Chalmers at 17 points, followed by Darrell Arthur at 14, Brandon Rush with 13, Darnell Jackson (who plays with emotion!) with 11, Sasha Kaun (coming off the bench) to score 8, and Russell Robinson, Sherron Collins, and Cole Aldrich each had 6 points. Jeremy Case shot in a 3 pointer, Rodrick Stewart was perfect from the free throw line with 2, and Connor Teahan had a nice layup with 2 points.The next game for the 'Hawks will be in Georgia at Georgia Tech. I would love to see that game live. But because of the weather, they have rescheduled the Christmas program at J's school. S is going to watch and score the game for me. I will most likely miss it completely as J's grade has to stay for the entire program...through the 7th and 8th grade program. Hopefully, this won't take the whole night. I guess it will be good to see the new singing teacher and the new band teacher. Just to see how this new band teacher is and compare him with Mr. W. To see if there are good differences/improvements. So, it could be an educational experience. But drat! I will miss my 'Hawks. Thank goodness for DVR's!
------
Santa and Toy Boy is on Ch. 33 (the CW) at 10:30 on weeknights. These are such a treat to watch! They have Toy Boy and Montique the Moose and some wacky crazy hair guy. This version was recorded at KWCH and was shown around 6:30 in the evening. The copyright date was 1988! I would have loved to have J and S to be able to watch Santa Claus, but alas the man who portrayed him, Henry Harvey, died before my children were born. So they never got to experience Toy Boy (aka Kakeman). I loved it when they went "Zooming around the big wide world." I also liked when Santa read the Christmas story from the Bible and when Santa sang. Henry Harvey went to the Quaker church in W town as I had some friends who said they saw him at church. If you get a chance, be sure to watch Santa and Toy Boy (or DVR him for your kids!).
No comments:
Post a Comment