I started writing about a couple of subjects so I'll just rename the title to "Christmas Ramblings."
Every year our two little county newspaper publish Santa Letters written by kids. In the A paper they have the most entertaining letters. For instance, the kids will leave Santa cookies and milk. Well one kid will be going to Mickey D's and getting Santa a 20-piece chicken nuggets and fries. Better get him a supersized drink while he's at it. My kids would leave Santa Coca Cola and orange-pineapple cookies oh and of course carrots for the reindeer. Santa would be drinking some nice hot cocoa usually to finish up his "work."
Flute's K3 wrote in and said she wanted "Butterscotch" the pony (this is that 225 dollar item over at Wal-Mart). Another little boy said that he wanted a new dog, to be specific a Yorkshire Terrier. Do you think he wants it or does mom (Stacie) want it? Some kids want PS2, cell phone, Razor phone, xbox, a Wii, a laptop (I'd like a laptop!), those annoying heely's, or a Ninetendo DS.
One letter caught my eye. It was a long letter talking about Chopper (apparently a puppy). Then the child makes some request on behalf of his uncles. He asks Santa to get his uncle some "Rogaine and bigger muscles so he doesn't get beat up by my Daddy." LOL!!! ROFTL! This same uncle needed some bubble gum cigarettes..uh huh. Another Uncle (in the same family) needed some "new brass knuckles since his are worn down from trying to beat up my Daddy, who is made out of wrought iron and brawn." Daddy sounds like a big 'ol bruiser. Does Daddy live in the Big House? Or do the Uncles? Then at the end the writer concludes that to make sure Otto is in his bed so Santa won't get bit. Santa make sure you are wearing some armour when you enter THIS house!! LOL!! Too funny!
---------
I still have to clean my house tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it. Not. At least I have the "guest room" cleaned up. But I have other areas that need attention. Sometimes I wish I was a "neat freak." It would be so nice and picked up and I would be so organized. But no, I am not a neat freak at home, maybe at work I am. I have to be. Besides there are a lot more storage space at church. At least there used to be.
I should write to Santa myself, "Dear Santa, I would like a brand new room to either put all my papers in or to have an upstairs game room, or a bedroom. A new room about the size of my master bedroom. That would do. Or, I need siding for my house."
Santa, are you listening?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment