Since I've been a dog person most of my life sometimes it is hard to read the cat body language.
Most dogs when they have missed you can't get enough of your touches, your hugs and your loving. When you leave them they wonder if you will ever return. And when you do the reunion is sweet for both dog and master. When a dog is not feeling well the dog will make some kind of chocking noise and she goes out. When you set a bowl of food out for the dog she will eat it right off and want more.
Cats...do not feel the same way as dog when you return from a trip. It's like "Oh hi, how you doing? I've been fine." You CAN pat a cat too much. You have to watch for the signs. Cat wagging his tail is not like a dog wagging hers. Cat's ears are flat against his head. Cat makes a low growl or hissing noise. It's like, "I've warned you now stay away from me or else!" You have to leave the cat alone until he makes up his mind that he misses you.
When their humans are sick, cats win in that department. They want to be near you and comfort you. They will sleep on your bed and near you head. Watching over you. They are a great comfort.
It is interesting to be a dog---cat family. Life is never dull. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Heh - I've heard that cats can have grudges.
Big difference! I think this is my last cat I'll ever have! I'll probably always have a dog because they are so loyal and loving.
Post a Comment