We are officially adopting a new cat. He was in need of a home because his "parents" moved to another town. He's been staying inside a building with his "grandmother" looking in on him from day to day.
Yesterday our new veterinarian asked us if we would like to see him. But, he cautioned that the owner had promised the cat to an elderly lady, so not to get too excited. We met the vet at the building and there he was. He was orange and white, with long whiskers. We started patting him and he began to slobber. I had never seen a cat slobber before, it was strange. The vet said that cats are happy when they slobber. Then he started to purr loudly, like we were his lost friends. I had seen this cat a couple of times and was thrilled to see him again.
Later that evening I received a phone call from his "mom" and she started talking about how she was looking for someone to adopt the cat. She had talked to the new vet and he said that I was looking to adopt a cat. She knew who I was immediately and thought that would be neat as we are nice adoptive parents to their dog. For you see, this cat's "parents" were my former veterinarian and his wife. So now we will have their cat at our home too. The cat is neutered, almost 6 years old, litter boxed trained, declawed (great on our furniture), and is an indoor cat...just what I was looking for.
The cat's "mom" told me that we have been great to the dog. I'm not sure if they will think so as the dog is in need of a grooming! But the dog is happy and alive at the ripe old age of 10. So unlike those people in Hutch who doesn't know anything, I did get a glowing report from the cat's "mom."
We are planning to change the cat's name to a KU basketball player's name.
He is coming home to us on Saturday night after his "mom" says goodbye to him. I hope whenever she is in town that she could stop by and see her cat and dog. I have told them to come by and see the dog. One time their son was in the neighborhood and I had him come see the dog. I think the world of these people!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay, pretty awesome, huh? =]
Post a Comment