I got over my one-day flu bout. I got plenty of rest yesterday and last night. Catman (as I call my cat) wakes up at 3:30-4 AM. I think he is lonely. Everyone goes to bed and he's by himself. I think I have a nocturnal cat! Another thing about the litter box. I change it every other day and smell that Special Kitty stuff a lot. It is pretty dusty. I'm thinking I'll either put a mask over my face as to not inhale it or change the brand. SK is cheap stuff for 25 pounds. Sometimes I think I should change catman's food as he has had a couple of kernals a day. He does get plenty of water in his bowl and even drinks out of the dog bowl. I've learned one thing about the cat, he hates the vacuum cleaner! I found him hiding beside his litter box bunched in a ball.
I wonder how long does it take for a cat to get used to his new home? Everybody (including me) really likes Catman and couldn't face giving him up. J and S come home from school and gives him plenty of attention. I worry about him not eating.
I am so used to dogs. You feed dogs and they gobble it right up. You give your dog love and attention; they go outside and run around. They are a loyal companion. I was told that cats are low maintenance. I'm beginning to think that they are not. Dogs are low maintenance, in my opinion.
I haven't told the inlaws about the new addition. For they would say, "Why do you want a cat?" and "Oooh it's inside? Cats should be outside." Of course, this is what they say about the dog too.
When I was growing up I always had some kind of pet. A couple of stray cats, a dog, hampsters, chickens, and goldfish. I think it is good for the child who has something live to take care of. The kids can give their pet some love. And isn't that what the world is needing more of...love?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hate the smell of the litter too..ick. But I love the cat :D
Post a Comment