Friday, March 30, 2007

Next week busy week

Looking at my schedule for next week...whew! I have orthodontist appointments, dentist appointments, a birthday (again), an eighth grade parent meeting, a party for school, and many things going on at church!

I am the head of the party committee at "J" class. Originally there were four parents scheduled for the Easter party. Two of the kids have since moved. So now there is one dad and me. I've asked the teacher for some help, she said she would help me, so this is good.

For the first time, I will have to make the treat. I usually do treat bags and the game. Many of the times I have been the party committee head person and I don't mind as I get to assign people to do things. Then other times when I am not in charge I always ask them if I can do the game. This arrangement works out well. One year, someone was in charge of "S" class party and she wanted me to bring money and that was all. I wasn't working and wasn't making the "big bucks," or even the " small change" then, I was not happy at all! I like it much better when the teacher assigns who is in charge, sometimes they get it right.

So I will not only make the treat but I will get to do a game as well. My games are not the type where they do "Thumbs up 7-up," but rather mine are academic in nature. I've done "Bunny Bingo" before....twice (in first and third grade). First grade I would have them find sightwords. In third grade we did math equations. For instance if I had B 8 I would say, "B 4 x 2" and they would know to look for B 8.

This time I thought we would play team Scatergories. We have a small class of 12 so I could have several combinations of kids. So hopefully this will be a good game. Next year is my last year to do school parties and then I am done. When "S" was in school I would always get Christmas parties. With "J" it is always Easter parties.

Do you do parties for classrooms? What ideas do you use?

2 comments:

flute4peace said...

What an awesome idea for a game!! How cool!

I have an idea for EASY treats. Just make some cupcakes (you can find Easter cupcake papers at the party store in A-town). Use white frosting and then tint some coconut green with food coloring (use a zip-lock bag). Put it on for grass, then use some little candy or bubble-gum eggs and put 3 on each cupcake. Instant Easter basket cupcakes!

MB said...

Cool idea, thanks flute! :)