
After this week's wins over Oklahoma and the Texas thriller, KU is now number 2 in the nation polls!! WOW!
The players are very nice young men as we met them the end of December after attending our first KU game. After the game we got autographs from most all of them and they were very nice kids. A couple of players were sick that night so they didn't do autographs, which was quite okay with me. We were most impressed with the ones who talked to us, which was nearly all of them. I even talked to Mario Chalmers and told him he had a good game, he smiled and said thank you. We took pictures with Brandon Rush, Julian Wright (who had a bit of advice for J about his pen cap!) :) , and Jeremy Case (a very nice polite kid!). Sasha Kaun is VERY tall in person he smiled at these little girl cheerleaders (around 5 years old or so) and said they were cute. He's got a thick accent.
These players are role models for kids who like basketball. They are really great representives of the University of Kansas. They are so nice! I've also met some other players from KU. I was most impressed with Jeff Graves and Michael Lee.
A lot of times, in professional sports there are so many players that aren't so nice and could care less about the fans. I ran into one such player, I won't name him only that he played for the Royals and that he's a couple of years older than me, he has long since retired but is still with the organization. (I think that would give you a clue who that could be!). I was/am so unimpressed with him to this day!
I just hope these KU players stay as nice as they are for a long time, it makes for lasting impressions.
Good luck to KU! I'm pulling for you! :)
The players are very nice young men as we met them the end of December after attending our first KU game. After the game we got autographs from most all of them and they were very nice kids. A couple of players were sick that night so they didn't do autographs, which was quite okay with me. We were most impressed with the ones who talked to us, which was nearly all of them. I even talked to Mario Chalmers and told him he had a good game, he smiled and said thank you. We took pictures with Brandon Rush, Julian Wright (who had a bit of advice for J about his pen cap!) :) , and Jeremy Case (a very nice polite kid!). Sasha Kaun is VERY tall in person he smiled at these little girl cheerleaders (around 5 years old or so) and said they were cute. He's got a thick accent.
These players are role models for kids who like basketball. They are really great representives of the University of Kansas. They are so nice! I've also met some other players from KU. I was most impressed with Jeff Graves and Michael Lee.
A lot of times, in professional sports there are so many players that aren't so nice and could care less about the fans. I ran into one such player, I won't name him only that he played for the Royals and that he's a couple of years older than me, he has long since retired but is still with the organization. (I think that would give you a clue who that could be!). I was/am so unimpressed with him to this day!
I just hope these KU players stay as nice as they are for a long time, it makes for lasting impressions.
Good luck to KU! I'm pulling for you! :)
2 comments:
They are really nice! =] Next time, I hope I get to meet Russell! Yes..good luck Jayhawks!!
Ooh, I am soooo jealous! K1 would be green with envy if he found out you had met the team. How cool!
Post a Comment