Friday, March 9, 2007

KU wins Friday and other ramblings

KU Jayhawks had an impressive win over Oklahoma today. Tomorrow, the team will be playing in-state rival K-State in the afternoon.

Today is a pretty afternoon. The kids didn't have school today. Yet, J wants to play video games with his friend. His friend says that it's "boring" over at J's house and leaves for another house. I insist that J go out and play. He could shoot hoops or do something. I don't want my son to be overweight and lazy like a couple of boys in his class. Kids need to be active. Sometimes I wish that J would have some better friends nearby. Kids that actually go out and play for at least 30 minutes a day. When I was younger and way before video games, computer, cable/satellite TV, I would get out of the house and shoot hoops for hours. We would play H-O-R-S-E or ride our bikes around town or even play cards, checkers, and attempt to play chess. We kept active back then. I didn't have any close "girl" friends in my neighborhood, so I would end up playing with kids younger than me and still have a great time. Sometimes we would even play rag tag football. If you know me now, you wouldn't have believed that I was a tomboy.

We need to build a court in our backyard so J could practice more. And he needs more athletic boys to play sports with than the two couch potatoes who live in the neighborhood. Sometimes I think I should just take him out to a court and we could shoot hoops...but he's to the age that he doesn't want to hang out with mom anymore.

1 day until we get our new cat! I can't wait! I hope the cat does well in our house and is a joy to have. I've been reading up on how to make the cat happy. Now I need to read up how to make my husband happy now that he's going to have a cat! :)

No comments: