Very happy to see KU win against Southern Illinois last night. It was a nail biter, heart stopping plays, but KU was the victor.
Today, on ESPN, they talked about KU winning over SIU and that they would meet number 2 UCLA. What I didn't like is that they put up a graphic saying, "Well if History holds true then UCLA will win over KU." Give me a break...give KU some credit. The national news media is ALWAYS putting KU down. I hope that the team listens to these reports and that they will find their edginess and beat the Bruins of California. ESPN has their favorite teams, UNC, "nobody can coach like ROY, the best league is the ACC, blah, blah, blah," and their other favorite teams are any team BUT the Jayhawks. ESPN is always showing the teams losses...the Bradley and Bucknell games from years past and the losses this year to DePaul and Oral Roberts (which happened early in the season). I'll bet even their favorite team, UNC, has suffered some humbling losses but do they bring it up. No, they bury those games.
Also I do not listen to the TV sports announcers when KU is playing. If I did my blood pressure would REALLY go up! This year ESPN had KU on Big Monday, or whatever game during the week and we would ALWAYS get Fran Franscilla and Ron Franklin....blech. I really can't stand Dick Vitale either, who must own a part of ESPN and is Roy Williams bestest buddy. Over there on CBS, I will not listen, never, never, never listen to Billy Packer. He was the one who really soured me years ago to turn off the TV sound and turn on the Jayhawks radio network. KU announcers, Bob Davis and the colorful, Chris Piper, are who I listen to when the Hawks are on TV. Chris Piper has excellent analysis of the team....he is a former 1988 KU player and knows what he is talking about. Bob Davis calls the game and makes it exciting as if you were there.
Yes, KU has a treasure in Bob Davis and Chris Piper. So if you are sick of listening to national media play by play, by all means grab your radio tune to the Wellington station or KFH 98.7 FM.
(I have satellite so I listen to the Wellington station of 95 FM thereabouts and they are ahead of the broadcast...KFH is always behind. ) listen to the RADIO and turn down the TV sound because then you will have a better opinion about the team chances instead of trusting the national media. Because, let's face it they are biased!! Big time, biased.
Also if you tune in 2 hours before the game you get a rundown about KU's opponent, the assistant coaches comments, and Bill Self talking about the game. Then after the game you get a wrap up and the Bill Self talking about how the game went. It's the only way to listen to a game.
Thank you Bob and Chris. :)
RCJH...go KU!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yes, Bob and Chris are so much better!
Post a Comment