Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Birthdays!

We drove back up to Wichita to celebrate the birthdays. S took two of her good friends. She was planning to take another girl, but she couldn't come with us.

We stopped off at Olive Garden to have some of that great Italian food. While we were there, we heard that another customer was having his birthday. The boy was 9. L asked the waitress what they did for b-days. "Well you can purchase a cake with buttercream frosting for $5.99." Nothing free? No, we had to pass on that. If we would have gone to TGI Fridays then I know that the waiters/waitresses would sing to that person. Ah, maybe next year we will do this.

While we were eating we noticed this man and apparently his elderly mother sat down at a booth not far from us. She had a straw hat on and took it off. So we went back to eating. The waitress brought their drinks. The man was drinking a coke and here was this old granny sipping her beer! The girls noticed this and we all laughed quietly. Thoughts came up about my mother NEVER drinking a beer, nor my MIL, and not my other grandmas too. NO WAY, would they be chugging a beer. We are all a bunch of non-drinkers. It just struck me as funny watching "Granny" having a beer on a Sunday and her son having a coke. I whispered and said, "He must be her designated driver." J thought she was drinking tea. We explained tea doesn't have foam on the top like beer does.

We went to Towne East and shopped half of the day there. The girls did their shopping and I followed the guys. They were done 2 hours before they were! I was lucky, I got J to shop for school clothes (besides the t-shirts he normally wears). I explained to him he should dress nice for the girls as he will be entering middle school.

Then to top it off we stopped at Burger King where S and J picked up their "crowns."

Now...they have school to look forward to in a week a half! Wow! How time flies!

No comments: