Sunday, August 10, 2008

Catching up

Today (after church) we have been cleaning up rooms, it has been long overdue. S is cleaning clothes and sorting through which clothes she can wear and which ones we will use in a garage sale. I would like to have the garage sale sometime in September or so, but we will see. I went through J's clothes and have been washing the old; tossing the ones with holes; saving the cute clothes; and getting ready for the supposed garage sale in another bag.

We've been buying new clothes for school for the past 2 weeks. We found a sale at Penny's yesterday for boy's jeans. While we were there we got some more dressy shirts for J to wear. He needs to change his image being a 6th grade middle school student. He needs to start looking older (clothes wise). He'll probably wear his new stuff the first two days and then he'll be back to his old clothes. I hope that he doesn't go back to his old stuff.
----
I've been doing a lot of Facebook posting these days. Networking with old high school friends and decided to start two new Facebook groups. One is for my high school class (only have 5 people on there) and then other one is for PV church (at last count I had 13 who have joined). I appreciate whoever it was who got 3 people to come on this group (Vanessa, Jeremy, and Laurel). These are 3 people who grew up in the church and now live in different parts of the country. Thank you to whoever passed on the invitation for them to join the group!! Anyway...on both groups I have some topics for people to answer and hopefully I can get some discussion up as I don't want to be the only person discussing whatever topic.

On the high school class, a former classmate, said that she was shy. What? And I am not? She wondered if I would ask such and such to be on their facebook. The other person wanted me to ask them to be on their facebook too. It worked out. Now they are mutual friends. Cool. I love to network with people!!
-----
This week will be busy!! Tomorrow, is going to be kind of dead (if you call my work at church dead!). Then the next day we visit our orthodontist about second phase treatment and the economics involved in that. Wednesday, S suggested that we L and I go to a special place to eat out on our Big 20 anniversary. Then S has a meeting at school that day. Thursday school starts for J and S helps the freshmen around the school. Then Friday everyone has their first day of class. Whew!! Tomorrow, I'll have to exchange J's folders for notebooks. It is complicated!

I'll have to keep regular hours too. I've been going to bed late and waking up late. So now, I can't stay up and watch "Ozzie and Harriet," on ION TV (at 1 AM) and get up after 8. :( Summer has now come to an end!

3 comments:

flute4peace said...

I've always stayed away from facebook, but I wouldn't mind taking a look at the church group. Can you view it without being a member?

We'll be looking forward to your garage sale ;).

Ed and Phyllis Shirk said...

Hey! Be sure to post any new pictures of the church kitchen and foyer remodeling going on. I love seeing the pictures. We had talked about the new kitchen for such a long time I'm so glad that the church is finally able to carry the plans out. We probably won't be able to come home until our term is up here which will be around 2/2010.

flute4peace said...

Phyllis, the cabinets and flooring/countertops are really pretty! I think it's going to be very nice (with the exception of the higher-than-average counter, LOL). Maybe MB can post some "in-process" pictures on our church website?