Today I found a new discovery. Okay, I didn't find it but I was in the pest extermination area of Wally World. This one woman was pondering over mice killing products. So I picked up a sticky trap and thought about purchasing it for the church. She told me that she was loading up on the 409 because that stuff will kill about anything. She told me that she sprays it around her baseboard and it will kill wasps and spiders. I like that idea! So I used it tonight at church and it really does work! Wonder what it would do to a mouse?? I'd be too afraid to be that close to one to find out!
------
J discovers a musical instrument. We went to Wichita today and told him we were going to a music store. "No, no," he said, "My teacher will get around to me about what instrument I should play." L told him to tell his teacher that L used to play trombone and wanted J to do the same. I got to thinking that maybe his teacher would just try him out on brass. I have a thing for him not to play clarinet. Actually, it was the same with S. Anything, BUT clarinet. I played clarinet for 3 years and was switched to bassoon. I would go through a lot of reeds and know they can be pricey. So I wanted them both to find an instrument that doesn't use reeds. We took him to the store despite his protests and he tried blowing through a clarinet mouthpiece, he was awful. When he got to the trombone, he could do it. L can help him through the trombone basics.
It's funny when I was in band I despised the trombones, because there was a bunch of bone-headed teenage boys who played that instrument. I would sit in front of them and they would take their slides poking at my rear end. Now, that would be sexual harrassment in this day and age, but then they were having "fun" at my expense. I REALLY hated those trombonists. So now my husband used to play and so does J. I told J if he EVER did that to anyone I would personally come down to school and get so mad!! I don't think he'll do that. He better not!
------
There are so many books that I would love to read but I just can't find the time. I picked another one up at the church library. I need to get through my current book "Travel Team," then maybe a Kingsbury novel, and the latest novel "Remember to Forget." I need to put another one back in the church library. They've got some great ones there. Somehow I just need to balance reading, playing DS games (Brain Age), and working/blogging/reading on the computer.
-----
I'm enjoying my facebook connections. I just re-connected with a couple of old college friends today. It's nice when they remember you right off or they pick you up as a friend quickly. It makes you feel pretty good about that person. The ones that you request and they don't bother to pick you as a friend, I can't help but feeling a little rejected. But I am delighted with all the facebook friends I currently have! Thank you and you know who you are! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment