Monday, August 25, 2008

Missing Floyd aka UPS

Today I was waiting from a shipment from DHL. Now, normally we get our stuff that we order from Floyd aka UPS. Floyd is our local delivery person and he is a real gem compared with the new bozos nowadays.

So the delievery guy knocks on my door. I run through the house as I am in the back of the house. And upon opening the door, he's closing his truck says "Hello." And off he goes in his little yellow truck.

Could they at least help me get the box in the house? No. He couldn't do that. Oh how I long for Floyd! He used to bring huge boxes to the house and ask me if I got it okay. Or if I needed help carrying in the house. He brought packages and good service. He was always nice to talk to. He was so good to us.

I guess he's around still driving for UPS. But companies need to have good people like Floyd working for them. If there was a complaint to issue I would certainly have no good things to say about DHL. I like most of the guys at UPS. But Floyd was the best.

So I struggle getting the box into the house, with no one but an overweight cat to help me. It's a good thing I'm not in bad condition, but I am a little limited to how much I can pick up. It's only 25 pounds, plus the box itself. I look disgusted at the yellow truck as it rounds the corner. I am thinking, how rude! It's all about how quick they can make their deliveries. There goes customer service right out there along with my back!

3 comments:

Ed and Phyllis Shirk said...

I don't think there was anybody who didn't like Floyd. Not enough good words that describe him. It's people like Floyd that made me really miss Harper. I know he didn't live in Harper but he knew as many if not people than I did and I grew up there!

flute4peace said...

He's definitely a gem!! We had a couple of drivers like that when I worked at UPS in MO. Good guys. I was glad to see him finally come back after his injury.

MB said...

I wish that UPS were the only carriers around here. But the folks at Dell had to use DHL...yuk! I like the guys in brown, especially Floyd.