Friday, August 15, 2008

We need to get out more!

L and I celebrated our 20th anniversary, 8 miles south of town. Now, normally we just get pizza to go there and haven't dined in for the longest time.

For example, we sat down and we thought it was "Buffet Night." Every Wednesday night it used to be buffet night. Well, they did away with that and they only run the buffet at lunch time. So we looked at the menu. They didn't have Cavitini or Spaghetti listed. They always had this on the menu. Nope, not this time. They had some new pasta dinners on there instead. So I had to settle on a mini pizza and L got a new pasta dinner.

Remember when Pizza Hut had a jukebox in the dinning area? Not anymore. No longer can we get a couple of quarters and pick out our favorite tunes. We had to listen to whatever the workers were listening to.

Then they used to have those placemats where you could doodle on when you waited on your food. I remember when they used to have a blank diagram of the United States and you had to figure out the states by its shape. That was fun and dare I say it? Educational.

Our table had no placemats. I looked at it and wished I would have brought my checkers or a chess set to play on it.

Then we took a tour of our local lake. We hadn't been out there in years. The lake people put up nice sidewalks and posts with lights. It looked really nice.

I can't believe how things have changed around here.

2 comments:

flute4peace said...

Once again, you made me giggle. Yeah, you need to get out more. And no, I don't go in to PH, either - something in their sauce makes me ill so we try not to go there.

S♥ said...

Haha, it wouldn't hurt for you guys to get out more, cause I could've told you that stuff a long time ago. =P
But it's okay! Lol.