it is no good to an MP3 player. This morning while I was rushing off to school and work, I was rushing a little too much. I had just got a 16 oz cup of water from the faucet when my hand tipped the contents over and it wasn't toward the sink area. It flooded onto the countertop where my MP3 player was along with my purse and other important items.
First I had to swallow my pill or I would have wasted that medication, which I cannot afford to do. Then as quick as I could I picked up the soaked MP3 player and dried off the countertop, floor, and kitchen cabinets. I am such a klutz!
So I wiped the water off of the player thinking it was okay. I didn't think about the milk plus the cell phone accident this past year. Milk does a body good too, but milk plus the cell phone equals death for that electronic instrument.
While I worked I turned the player on and couldn't see the screen. The water had scrambled up the writing. I could hear my tunes, but I wondered for how long? I wanted to switch songs, so I pushed the up button the screen this time was completely blank. So now it's hard to go from the Carpenters "Close to You," to Fleetwood Mac's "Rhiannon," without seeing anything on the screen. The same way about turning it off. How do I know if it's really off?
I've had this MP3 player for only a year as I bought it before my operation nearly a year ago. After the operation, I listed to my songs and it kept me calm. I'll have to purchase another one someday when this one no longer plays.
So students remember this lesson: Cellphone + Milk = Death to the Cell. MP3 Player + Water = Blank Screen and possible death to player. It's just a case of simple mathematics!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh man, that stinks! Hopefully it'll dry out and be ok. Did you take the battery out? Sometimes if you do that and leave the little door open it'll dry faster.
I tried it tonight...and surprise! It works. I could read the screen, play the music...whew! I just rested on the desk near the sun today. Maybe a little sun helped it.
Post a Comment