Thursday, August 7, 2008

Mysterious Call Part 2

Well this caller called last night. I looked at the Caller ID and (duh) decided to pick up. Only I didn't really answer I stayed on the line and listened. It was some woman. I hung up the phone only to have it re-ring again. This time I didn't answer, I let the machine pick up.


The caller (woman) said that she was looking for a "LB" and wondered if this could be him. She knew him "a while back." She instructed what phone number she was calling from and hung up. She didn't leave her name. By this time, I am not liking it. Not at all. How would you like some mystery person (woman) calling your husband? I told him it would be like I called one of my ex-boyfriends looking for them. Yuk, no way would I do this EVER! So I went on and one about it. I did not like it at all. He was pretty sick about hearing how mad I was. Then I "googled" the number on google...like I said "dog with a bone" syndrome I have. I mentioned a name that the phone number was connected to and he said, "Well it could be such-and-such but why would she be interested in calling me?"


S gets home and hears the message. It "creeps her out." What if this person was some kind of wacko and stalks us? L reassures her not to worry. She was creeped out and I was just plain angry. So now I have looked into getting call blocker and some other tricks of the trade to get this person to just go away.


Word to the wise...never call a person you know "from way back." Never call if you are a woman to a man, it upsets the family. Always identify yourself. Your call MAY BE picked up. Otherwise, if you think you know someone, leave the past in the past.

1 comment:

flute4peace said...

That phone call is fairly strange. But...I believe I'd call her back and see what she wants. Maybe she's looking for a different LB for a legitimate reason. At least if you call her back you'll know, won't have to speculate, and you might be able to help her out in her search. I also wouldn't be comfortable with the call, but I would also not be able to let it rest until I found out what she wanted, KWIM?