Friday, August 1, 2008

Double Birthdays

Today I am baking two birthday cakes for S and J as their birthday is this weekend. Everyone thinks that is unique that both of them share the same birthday. I didn't plan it this way at all. It just happened.

Both had different due dates. J was supposed to be born in July and came a week later. With S, I was supposed to have her the middle of August. Maybe there is a reason why both of them share a birthday. I was induced on August 2nd for both and they took their time arriving. When I was in labor with J I asked them was there anyway he could be born on August 2nd. The doctor and nurses shook their head no. He arrived a little bit after midnight. S now shares her birthday with J.

For me it is double the cake, double the presents. When they were young my mom would comment that their birthday party seemed more like Christmas. When they were young we used to buy their birthday cakes at Dillons. When they got older I got cheaper and made their cakes. They aren't fancy, but they are at least edible. They pick out their own flavor of cake and I whip them up. S prefers spice cake and J liked lemon, but is going with chocolate this year.

I remember from birthday's past (plus watching VHS tapes) of them getting balloons from their grandmother, having family and our friends to celebrate. My friends have now moved and my mom cannot drive out to H town for their birthdays.

It's hard to believe that S is 15 and J is 12...my how time flies! :)

1 comment:

flute4peace said...

I think it's really cool how they have the same birthdays! My Mom is exactly one year younger than her brother - they have the same birthday, too.