Hexachlorophene Filter...What?? This is what our friend Spike found in the registers at church. He pulled one of these filters out of the heat registers yesterday. We dug around and found more of these same kind of filters.
Looking at the filter it was old! We probably figured at least 45 years old! Never has been changed. But yet, on the filter it said "change every 3 months." I look for the size and it was some odd size that I'll check at the WIFS. It was the writing that signified it looked old. Maybe it's new and has that retro look, I doubt it. It was made in Toledo, Ohio and it was a Hexachlorophene Filter.
Maybe my friend, the Reformed Angler, could enlighten me on this particular subject. I wonder if this Hexacholorphene filter is safe to remove and should we use extreme caution when removing. R.A. knows A LOT about science, etc.
I found it fascinating to look at this ancient filter but yet a little apprehensive upon reading about hexachlorophene.
The church is in need of some serious updating!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I have no idea. As far as I know no hard evidence was ever found that linked it to cancer.
It carried me through my adolescent years without any major pimple outbreaks. The drugs that followed after PhisoHex was banned were arguably more dangerous -- like accutane
Okay...that makes me feel a little better. Because I was concerned about the cancer risk. Thanks Denis, I kind of figured you would know.
I checked at my local WIFS and they didn't have any replacement filters for that particular size (7x29 1/2) I may have to go to the Big City to check it out.
Glad it's not been hurting anyone. I can't believe the WIFS guy didn't have some snarky comment about it, LOL.
Welcome home, Spike!!!
Well, just call me "snoopy". I was just looking for somethink old and collectible to sell on eBay.
I didn't talk to the folks at WIFS because I figured they WOULD say something snarky! I have tossed two of those pathetic old filters, but if you want more Spike, you could have them/find them. Wouldn't that be a hoot to sell those things on E-bay! ;)
Post a Comment