Yea! My eyes feel so much better today! It could have been a number of things that caused my eye to go "crazy." Stirring up dust in my own house; dirt at church; or pollen could have made it bad. I talked to BS last night and even he had something wrong with his eyes. So I wasn't the only one with problems. The air is full of dust, dirt, chenopods, and my favorite, ragweed. I've had problems with ragweed ever since I can remember. So on these days I should stay in. Ha, I can't do that! I looked at my lawn in back and guess who get to mow it? Yep...now if I could just find some goggles around here.
------
I wrote my friend Becky YS who visited my friend M. A. K. from College back in May. M has been in a nursing home in St. John, KS. So Becky mentioned at one time she had a pic. She sent the pic to me yesterday and I was amazed how old M looked. Her circumstances had aged her. M is the same age as I am, over 50 but under 55. Please continue to send prayers for M. K. Pray that God can help her get out of her situation and that she can eventually come out of there. If she could do this, I think what a testimony that she could share with the world. But her future doesn't look bright.
------
Been watching the Olympics. My favorite sport is the girl's gymnastics (unevens, beam, floor, and the vault). Nastia Luiken and Shawn Johnson have been fun to watch. I've also watched those "teenagers" from China. One of them looks to be 14. So there is an on going controversy on exactly how old she really is. The Government of China claims she is over 14. Yeah, right. Their Chinese government can say anything they want to. Other sports I like watching is the diving, the running, and that BMX bike course. Hard to believe that is an Olympic Sport. Maybe next time they could include Golf and Indy Car too in the Olympics.
------
Looking forward to the class meetings next week. I like the way that the high school has the parents go through the different classes just like their student. This way you see the parents of the children who are in class at the same time as yours. It's always nice to hear the teachers tell you what will take place. This year I'll meet S's teachers. Everyone of them are new except her Debate and Forensics teacher, we had him last year. As for J's teacher's, we know all of them with the exception of the music and band teachers. Here's to a great school year! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
and my spanish teacher was from last year, don't forget that ;) lol.
Yeah, the Spanish teacher...how could I forget??
I'm so glad your eyes cleared up! I think we're all trying to catch colds around here. I got my new glasses in the mail yesterday - man they're thick!!
I don't like watching the gymnastics because it scares me - residual fears from when I was a kid and tried it, I suspect. I do like watching the men's, though, and the rhythmic.
Post a Comment