As much as I blog about the University of Kansas, the basketball team and the football team you would think I went there. I tell everyone that I bleed Crimson and Blue, in fact the two colleges that I did go to did have red and blue as school colors. But that's where the similiarily ends.
My brother was a graduate of KU. I wanted to go to a KU type school, if not KU itself. I don't know what changed my mind. Maybe I felt that I was not worthy enough. Or that I would be very homesick. Or that I would be a number rather than a name. I don't know what it was. Probably because of my ACT scores at that time. After taking that test they told me what was my chances of pulling a C or better at that particular time. The numbers didn't look all that good.
After high school I went to three different colleges. Juco (school colors were red and blue), then the E-State (for one semester) I hated it there. So I thought that I wouldn't make it over there at KU because I liked being near H town. At that time I liked someone. But I thinked he liked me more like a friend and I just didn't want that. So of course it didn't work out. Then I chose S college. I absoultely loved it. It was far different than most colleges. Smaller classes, nice profs, and most importantly I was a name and not a number. It was a good Christian based education.
So now I am Alumni of S college. But I just love KU. I've walked into KU bookstores and threaten the family that I'll buy a KU Alumni shirt. They frown at me and said, "You didn't graduate from there." Shucks, I tried. Too bad that they don't have a shirt that says, "KU Sister." But then S holds up the shirt that I'm looking forward to wearing "KU Mom." With any luck, I'll be a "KU Mom" for 8 straight years. I like the sound of that.
I am an expectant "KU Mom" starting in 2011 (that's only 3 more years!). WOW!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yeah hopefully, I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do! lol.
Post a Comment