I thought about some clever titles like: "Scalped at Arrowhead," but I decided against using that as the title. The score was 36-28.
I was sorry to see the Jayhawks go down in defeat. It was hard watching the team in the first half as the Jayhawks didn't make any score in the first half. I couldn't stand the ABC commentators at all. So at the half I listened to the KU broadcast team of Bob Davis, David Lawrence, and Nick Bukaty. It was much easier listening to it and then watching it (as a replay because of the TV delay) IF I chose to.
Blame it on the Sports Illustrated jinx (featured this week on the front cover), or blame it for being number 2 in the nation jinx. We had a couple of missed field goals that didn't help matters.
Depite my complaints this was a successful season for KU football. 11 Wins to 1 loss. We are at least bowl bound which I can say KU is better than K-State in footbal this year. lIt would have been nice to see KU play for the Big 12 championship game or at least the national championship in the country. But we did have a good year best in a long time.
Now I wonder what this will drop KU to in the standings? I wonder what bowl game KU will get to be in? Time will tell tomorrow where KU is in the rankings.
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
=[ i know...hey we've had a good season though, we just had to lose when it was most important. we can get in a good bowl game and win there. we were just way off in our offense and defense last night. but bball plays arizona tonight!
Yeah, MU deserved that one. Honestly, KU had a pretty easy schedule this year and there's a lot of talk about how their "undefeated" wasn't really all that big of an accomplishment compared to some of the other teams' schedules.
Post a Comment