Sherron Collins (of KU) is out with a fracture of his fifth metatarsal bone in his foot for 6 whole weeks!!! That's a long time. I know what that's like not being able to do much for 6 weeks. Well, we won't get to see Sherron play in a week, much less than the game we're planning on going to in December. So of course, S and J want us to get tickets for the KU-K-State game which also happens to be ESPN GameDay. I think THOSE tickets will be hard to come by. Brandon Rush could be ready to play by the December game, and since my name isn't Coach Self, I can't guarantee this information as correct. I can only hope that Brandon will be ready to play in December.
-----
J had to go to the dentist today to remove a baby tooth. The new permanent one had already started growing in and the baby tooth was in no hurry to leave his gums. We had such a long way and a lot of people were in the already small lobby. The appointment was scheduled at 11:30. He didn't get in until 12:00. By that time they were at least 7 people deep. The door opened and yet two other people came in, one woman in a wheelchair had to wait inside the office and the UPS guy came through with a load! The lobby was packed! Finally at 12:30 J comes up with a gauze where his tooth was and a little container for his pulled tooth. What a day!
------
I was cleaning the microwave at the youth group room this afternoon. You know "The Cat in the Hat" story where the cat has this pink spot he tries to get rid of but then it spreads all over? This is how I feel about the microwave. It stinks. So I read up to get water in a dish with lemon and microwave it for 2 minutes. I do this. It still stinks. I'm thinking, okay, what about 7 minutes? I do this and oooh wee!! It REALLY stinks! I leave the area and find something to do upstairs for a little bit. I realize that I have to replace a trash bag down in that area. So I go back through the downstairs and get in the hallway before the big opening room and I SMELL the stench!! Why did I even MESS with this oven? I should have just left it alone. I'll have to check it tomorrow before youth group meets. I just wish that I had Little Cats t, u, v, w, x, y, z to help me and bring some VROOM to get rid of the smell.
I can't wait to smell it tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Well, when those KU-KSU tickets go on sale like right at that time, you should dial that number or order them from the internet. Lol.
You are just cracking me up with the janitorial play-by-plays.
The smell is still in the microwave at MYF. I hope nobody opens that up! LOL!
Post a Comment