I like this picture!! I know it's been on here before. It's one of my favorite pics!This will be an exciting Thanksgiving for us this year! We are going to see our beloved KU men's Jayhawks basketball team play a game at Allen Fieldhouse.
This will be our first game this year to see them play. We are hoping to get great seats (in the student section) and most likely will have to stand on our feet most of the game like we did last year! We sit down when (thankfully) they have timeouts!! We love the excitement of hearing the KU band, seeing the cheerleaders, the flag, and the Big Jay and Baby Jay running around on the floor. We love seeing the players warm up and trying to find the coaches on the floor before the game. We love eating pizza before the game starts. Seeing the students holding newspapers during the announcement of the visitors team and then ripping them into shreds into confetti is exciting. We love hearing the Rock Chalk Chant and the KU Alma Mater song. So much tradition to see while at the game. The excitement of hearing the announcer shouting the lineups for the Jayhawks. Then seeing the big scoreboard in the middle of the fieldhouse. I love it when they shoot t-shirts into the stands for some lucky person to catch.
Then after the game waiting to see the team and getting autographs. The players (kids) are so nice to sign autographs and they are very nice people. I would love to see the coach after the game, but I'm sure he sneaks out to avoid it all.
I just love KU and especially basketball. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!
I can't wait until we are there!!
This will be our first game this year to see them play. We are hoping to get great seats (in the student section) and most likely will have to stand on our feet most of the game like we did last year! We sit down when (thankfully) they have timeouts!! We love the excitement of hearing the KU band, seeing the cheerleaders, the flag, and the Big Jay and Baby Jay running around on the floor. We love seeing the players warm up and trying to find the coaches on the floor before the game. We love eating pizza before the game starts. Seeing the students holding newspapers during the announcement of the visitors team and then ripping them into shreds into confetti is exciting. We love hearing the Rock Chalk Chant and the KU Alma Mater song. So much tradition to see while at the game. The excitement of hearing the announcer shouting the lineups for the Jayhawks. Then seeing the big scoreboard in the middle of the fieldhouse. I love it when they shoot t-shirts into the stands for some lucky person to catch.
Then after the game waiting to see the team and getting autographs. The players (kids) are so nice to sign autographs and they are very nice people. I would love to see the coach after the game, but I'm sure he sneaks out to avoid it all.
I just love KU and especially basketball. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!
I can't wait until we are there!!
1 comment:
Wow I go out of town for a few days and you write a book...or three. LOL. Have FUN at the game! Wow!! I'll look for you on tv. Will you have your face painted red and blue??
I was so upset about missing B's return to church. I knew it was going to happen but we had family in from out of state and couldn't change plans at that late date. Maybe I can get the tape.
Thanks for buying my notecards! I wasn't sure how they would be received. That could get addicting - making and ordering stuff like that. But it is stinkin' expensive, LOL.
Have a happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment