Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Welcome Home Barry and Darlene

It has been 8 weeks to the day since I last saw Barry. He and Darlene prayed for me before I went into surgery. I came home 4 days later with no complications. Then one week and one day later everything was changed for Barry and Darlene.

September 30.

The company which L and Barry work for was holding a company picnic in Wichita. We couldn't go as I was still recovering from my operation. We got an email that night telling us that Barry was in W-Hospital after suffering a heart attack. We were in shock! How could this be? He looked so healthy and was giving us prayer a week before. Our thoughts and prayers went out to him and Darlene. I prayed and prayed that next day. I prayed that God would give him a miracle. (see blog on October 2).

God gave him a miracle. A miracle that he will probably tell the church in the near future.

November 14---6 1/2 weeks later. Barry is back home, thirty pounds lighter, and looking great!! Barry is a living miracle! L and I visited with them this evening. We made a meal for their return to Harper. It is so great to see them and have them back home.

Welcome Home Barry and Darlene!! :)

1 comment:

flute4peace said...

I'm so disappointed that we're not going to be in church on Sunday. I'm sure he will get a standing ovation and I really wanted to be there.