The church custodian is an unknown person in some circles around town. You would think living in a small town that everyone would know what your job is and where you work. Not so.
Today I went down to my local store to pick up Swiffer liquid and a Glade air freshner. Now usually I like to shop for my janitorial stuff out of town. You get a better bargain and there is more to choose from. But this week I forgot to get more Swiffer floor stuff while I was at the Well-town Wally World.
I am checking out with my products and I know the clerk pretty well, or at least I think. Her son and daughter was in our church pre-school when I was a substitute teacher (I've held many jobs) approximately seven years ago. I tell her to charge the products to the church account. I get this wary look from her. I smile and say, "Yeah, I use this Glade air freshener in the church many times." This one was a cinnamon one, so I could get that "Christmas season aroma" going in one of our lounges. I sign off on the slip of paper and she hands me the receipt. "Now, make sure that B gets this." B is our secretary. The clerk still giving me this look like "are you sure you are authorized to do this?"
I wonder what she would do if I bought lemon juice, vinegar, and soda (all to use as green cleaning products) and charged it to the church account? It makes me wonder what she would say then. LOL!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment