We spent a very untraditional Thanksgiving. I think this is the first time that I've spent it on the road.
After roaming around on the campus at KU and visiting Wal-Mart there, we drove to Capital City. There was one of two places we could have eaten at. We chose Cracker Barrel over Boston Market. We used to love to eat there when the kids were younger and look around at the Christmas stuff. This time we looked briefly and was seated at first near the smoking section of the restaurant. BLECH!! I cannot stand to smell smoke. Then we were moved to the back of the restaurant. In my opinion, they should just build a seperate building for eaters who like to smoke. Or ban smoking in all restaurants.
The restaurant had their Thanksgiving meal all ready to serve to the customers. We chose a non-traditional meal of grilled cheese sandwiches, meat loaf and chicken and dumplings. We had a little wait while those who chose the Thanksgiving meal had no wait. We looked over their pies and we weren't satisfied what they had listed besides the waitress had already dropped off our bill as if to say to us, "Leave all ready, I want to make BIG tips off of our Thanksgiving meal."
So we went to a McDonalds on the turnpike and picked up a McFlurry, an ice cream cone and coke. When we got to Wichita I suggested that we should get some apple pie. We drove through a Burger King and picked up 4 slices of apple pie! Yum!! That was really good! We should have tipped them for quick service! :)
I kind of like the non-traditional Thanksgiving it was nice! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment