Friday, November 9, 2007

KU and other ramblings

It's a three day KU weekend. Tonight the Men's Basketball team will be taking on ULM (University of Louisiana). Then tomorrow night the Football team will be playing the Oklahoma State Cowboys on ESPN. And finally on Sunday (which is rare to have a game then) night, the KU Basketball team will be playing the UMKC Kangaroos! The Hawks will play one more game next week before the game we go see them! I am excited about going to the game!! I WILL blog on that when we get back, be assured on that!
------
You know you live in a small town when....you see the chief of police vacuuming city hall! I walked in today to the city building to drop off a biddy basketball application for J and there was DE, chief of police, vacuuming the floor. He's a nice friendly person. I am glad that I live in a small town, sometimes.
-----
Are they expecting snow in the next few days in H town? The Christmas decorations around the town are going up currently. They will be up from now until at least February or March depending on the weather no doubt. In rival K town they had their Christmas stuff up at least until March or April of one year. We would drive in on US 400 and there were the decorations waving in the wind. How long is too long to keep Christmas decorations up?
-------
I tried vacuuming in the church today with the big industrial vacuum cleaner. That thing is heavy!! Heavy since my operation that is. I started feeling a pull in my incision area and had to quit.

Maybe I can call the chief of the police to come on out to do the vacuuming at church! LOL! :)

1 comment:

flute4peace said...

That's pretty funny about DE vacumming. Why not invite him to the church, LOL!

We'll probably watch the games this weekend, as well. We had such a crazy weekend last time that I think we're enjoying relaxing this week.

Make sure you don't overdo it!