This is actually November?? The weather is cooler or will be. But in the basement of the church lurks spiders and wasps.
I encounted a huge spider this afternoon in an abandon classroom where I decided I should clean. It wasn't that furry spider up in flute's room, or a daddy long legs, it was your typical horrifying spider. I scream, "AGGH!" in the quiet church. I'm sure the pastor heard me but I think by now he's used to me screaming. So I take my trusty broom and foot and kick at it hoping my light weight vac can suck him up.
So I go to another abandon classroom. I sprinkle on the carpet cleaner and proceed to vacuum. Then I see something flying. It's a wasp. UGH!! I scream again!! I quickly get my stuff out of the room and move onto the next room.
Then I check another classroom with my broom and I see there's yet ANOTHER wasp. I do my vacuuming with all the time just staring at the little bugger. This time I didn't scream. I should be used to seeing wasps in this church. It's just hard to believe this is November and still seeing wasps. Welcome to my world as the custodian, it's just a typical day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hope you'll forgive me for chuckling at this post. I can just picture it - Pastor B coming running thinking you've broken a leg or something...
Post a Comment